The Adventure Program offers exciting outdoor trips, courses and clinics each quarter and over intersession breaks.
Want to see a trip or course happen that is not currently being offered? Download and submit a Trip Proposal Form here.
Registration Information – Winter 2019
Stanford Adventure Program Student Member registration for weekend trip experiences occurs in-person at the Outdoor Center on Thursday January 10th 8:00am-11:00am. Registration will then continue during our open Rental Hours. Registration opens for Staff, Faculty, and non-members January 11th during open Rental Hours. Bring printed and completed Assumption of Risk and Medical History Form to expedite the registration process. Adventure Program Registration Policies:
- NO REFUNDS will be issued for any reason, unless the trip is cancelled. For more expensive trips, consider purchasing trip cancellation insurance that protects you from canceling for unforeseeable circumstances such as injury or illness. We recommend Travel Guard.
- Individuals must be present to sign up for trips. Friends/partners cannot sign someone else up.
- Due to high demand, Stanford Adventure Program Members can sign up for only one multi-day Adventure and one single-day Adventure Program trip during member registration week. Registration after the first week is unlimited.
- Stanford IDs will be checked by Outdoor Center staff to confirm memberships and Stanford affiliation.
- Registration is on first come, first served basis.
- Pre-trip meetings, if noted, are REQUIRED.
Adventure Program Trips
Unless otherwise noted, no previous experience is required for any of our trips and transportation is provided. Trips indicated as moderately to very strenuous require a high level of fitness and typically require you to hike/paddle/ski/etc. many miles per day, often carrying your own equipment. Contact the Outdoor Center for more information.
|Week#||Trip Title||Dates/Time(s)||Availability||Pre-Trip Meeting||Cost (Member)||Difficulty Level|
|2||Loon Lake Chalet snow shoe and ski||Friday 1/18 at noon-1/20in the evening||Wednesday 1/16 at 6:30pm||$60||Moderate|
|2||Channel Islands Camping||Friday 1/18 at noon 1/21 in the evening||Wednesday 1/16 at 6:30pm.||$175||Easy|
|3||Point Reyes Whale Watch||Saturday 1/26||$25||Easy|
|3||Big Basin Day HIke||Sunday 1/27||$25||Easy|
|4||Pinnacles||Friday 2/1 at noon - Sunday 2/3 in the evening||Wednesday 1/30 at 6:30pm||$75||Moderate|
|4||Yosemite Winter Camping and Snow Shoe||Friday 2/1 at noon- Sunday 2/3 evening||Wednesday 1/30 at 6:30 pm||$75||Moderate-Strenuous|
|5||Point Reyes Basecamp and hIking||Friday 2/8 at noon- Sunday 2/10 evening||Wednesday 2/6 at 6:30pm.||$60||Moderate|
|7||Clair Tappan Lodge cross Country Skiing||Friday 2/22 at noon - Sunday 2/24 evening||Wednesday 2/13 at 6:30pm||$85||Moderate|
|7||Clair Tappan Lodge Snow Shoe||Friday 2/22 at noon- Sunday 2/24 evening a||Wednesday 2/13 at 6:30pm.||$85||Moderate|
|8||Castle Rock Intro to Rock Climbing||Sunday March 3rd||Wednesday 2/28 at 6:30pm.||$35||Moderate|
|9||Cone Peak||Friday 3/8 at noon- Sunday 3/10 evening||Wednesday 3/6 at 6:30 pm||$75||Moderate|
|9||Yosemite Winter Camping and snow shoe||Friday 3/8 at noon- Sunday 3/10 evening||Wednesday 3/6 at 6:30 pm||$75||Moderate- Strenuous|