The Adventure Program offers exciting outdoor trips, courses and clinics each quarter and over intersession breaks. The Adventure Program is subsidized by the Stanford Outdoors (SO) student group, providing student members the opportunity to participate in outdoor experiences at the lowest possible cost.
Want to see a trip or course happen that is not currently being offered? Download and submit a Trip Proposal Form here.
Registration Information – Spring 2018
SO Member registration for all Adventure Program experiences occurs in-person at the Outdoor Center on Wednesday April 4th at 8:00am-11:00am. Registration will then continue during our open Rental Hours. Registration opens for non-members April 9th during open Rental Hours. Bring printed and completed Assumption of Risk and Medical History Form to expedite the registration process. Adventure Program Registration Policies:
- NO REFUNDS will be issued for any reason, unless the trip is cancelled. For more expensive trips, consider purchasing trip cancellation insurance that protects you from canceling for unforeseeable circumstances such as injury or illness. We recommend Travel Guard.
- Individuals must be present to sign up for trips. Friends/partners cannot sign someone else up.
- Due to high demand, SO Members can sign up for only one multi-day Adventure and one single-day Adventure Program trip during member registration week. Registration after the first week is unlimited.
- Stanford IDs will be checked by Outdoor Center staff to confirm memberships and Stanford affiliation.
- Registration is on first come, first served basis.
- Pre-trip meetings, if noted, are REQUIRED.
Adventure Program Trips
Unless otherwise noted, no previous experience is required for any of our trips and transportation is provided. Trips indicated as moderately to very strenuous require a high level of fitness and typically require you to hike/paddle/ski/etc. many miles per day, often carrying your own equipment. Contact the Outdoor Center for more information.
|Week#||Trip Title||Dates/Time(s)||Availability||Pre-Trip Meeting||Cost (Member/Non-Member)||Difficulty Level|
|2||Point Reyes Backpacking||Friday 4/13 at noon-4/15 in the evening||Wednesday 4/11 at 6:30pm||$70/$100||Moderate|
|2||Yosemite National Park Camping Upper Pines||Friday 4/13 at noon-4/15 in the evening||Wednesday 4/11 at 6:30pm.||$60/$90||Moderate|
|3||Big Sur Back Pack||Friday 4/20 at noon- Sunday 4/22 evening||Wednesday 4/18 at 6:30 pm||$70/$100||Moderate-Strenuous|
|3||Stand Up Paddle Board||4/21 all day||Wednesday 4/18 at 6:30pm.||$30/$45||Moderate|
|4||Yosemite National Park Camping Upper Pines||Friday 4/27 at noon- Sunday 4/29 evening||Wednesday 4/25 at 6:30pm||$60/$90||Moderate|
|4||Fly Fishing Day Trip||4/28 all Day||Wednesday 4/25 at 6:30 pm||$30/$45||Easy|
|5||Sea Kayak Elkhorn Slough - Wildlife Safari||5/5 All Day||Wednesday 5/2 at 6:30pm.||$100/$150||Easy|
|5||Castle Rock Climbing Trip||5/5 All Day||Wednesday 5/2 at 6:30 pm||$30/$45||Moderate|
|6||Pinnacles National park Rock Climbing||Friday 5/11 at noon - Monday 5/13 afternoon||Wednesday 5/9 at 6:30pm.||$75-$100||Moderate|
|7||Sutro Bath Day Hike||5/19 All Day||no pre trip meeting||$25/$40||Easy|
|7||Kings Canyon Camping||Friday 5/18 at noon - Sunday 5/20 evening||Wednesday 5/16 at 6:30pm||$60/$90||Moderate|
|8||Lassen National Park Back Pack||Friday 5/25 at noon-Monday 5/28 evening||Wednesday 5/23 at 6:30pm.||$90/$150||Moderate|
|9||Cason's Pass Backpack||Friday 6/1 at noon - Sunday 6/3 evening||Wednesday 5/30 at 6:30pm.||$70/$100||Moderate-Strenuous|
|9||Surfing Pacifica||6/2 All Day||Wednesday 6/2 at 6:30 pm||$100/$125||Easy - Moderate|