Stanford Pre-Orientation Trips (SPOT)
…are immersive, outdoor experiences that take place the week before New Student Orientation and are designed to ease the transition of students to life at Stanford as well as foster Stanford Identity, community, and personal growth through activity, self-reflection, and mentorship.
SPOT occurs in a variety of iconic locations throughout California . No prior experience is necessary.
Pinnacles National Park (NEW)
How to Register
- SPOT Registration opens June 17th and is open through June 21nd.
- Placement will be decided by a lottery process in cases where the registration exceeds the number of spaces on trips
- Once your registration is confirmed and your have been placed on a SPOT trip you will receive an email with details about your trip
- Download and READ your welcome packet and equipment list
- You need to complete a Medical History form and Gear Request form and sign a waiver of liability by August 5th 2019
- Arrive on campus Thursday Sept 12th between 12-noon
SPOT 2019 Brochure – coming soon
SPOT 2019 Registration and Dates
The SPOT Lottery Application opens on June 17th at 8am PST and closes at 5pm PST June 21st.
SPOT 2019 program dates: Thursday, September 1 to Wednesday, September 18