Equipment rental is available to current Stanford students, staff, faculty, and Stanford Alumni Association members*. Please remember to bring your University SUNet ID and a debit card or credit card when you check out equipment. The Stanford Outdoor Center does not accept cash or checks.
Equipment rental is available on a first-come, first-serve basis with the exception of Group Rental Requests. Any equipment rental requires the completion of the Gear Rental Agreement, which can be filled out at the time of check out.
GROUP RENTAL POLICY
- All equipment rentals require the completion of the Gear Rental Agreement, which can be filled out at the time of check out.
- Group rental reservations are available for Stanford affiliated groups who’s total cost exceeds $400.00.
- Group rental requests must be made in advance for a minimum of at least 10 business days or more before date of rental pick-up.
GROUP RENTAL RETURN POLICY
- All group orders must be checked out and checked in all together. Please make arrangements to return everything at least 30 minutes prior to closing time on the return date.
- Equipment rentals must be returned clean and dry. Equipment returned soiled or damaged will be charged a cleaning and/or damage fee. It is the responsibility of the renter to check the condition of the equipment at the time of check out. Cleaning expectations vary depending on the item – please ask a staff member if you have questions.
- Lessee is responsible for the full cost of replacement if gear is damaged, lost, or stolen.
- Tent rentals are required to be set up in the Outdoor Center upon return by the lessee. All tent components are to be in good condition upon staff inspection. Lessee will not be permitted to return tents that they do not set up, and late fees will accrue.
GROUP RENTAL REQUEST FORM
- Large orders for groups may be reserved by saving a copy of the Group Rental Request Form to your Google Drive.
- Fill out the form in the YELLOW highlighted areas.
- Enter in the desired quantity of each line item. Then enter how many days you would like to rent each item. The form will automatically calculate an estimated total.
- If you have a Stanford PTA number, please list the number at the bottom of the page on the right hand side. The account will be charged after equipment rental items have been checked out and returned in good standing.
- Email the completed form to email@example.com.
The Group Request Form is for estimation purposes. Upon your submission, Stanford Rental Center will respond with an accurate invoice.
PAYMENT & DEPOSIT
- All monetary/rental transactions must be processed during Equipment Rental Shop operation hours.
- We accept credit and debit cards (No American Express or Discover).
- The Stanford Outdoor Center does not accept cash or checks.
Cancellation on group rental reservations must be made two (2) full days prior to date of pick-up. If you cancel less than two (2) full days prior to date of pick-up, the renter will be charged 50% on total order cost.
Cancellations can be made in person or by phone during the Gear Rental Center business hours.